Rochester MI House Painters – Wize Painting (248) 417-0733
If you are in need of experienced and trusted Rochester MI House Painters, please contact Wize Painting at (248) 417-0733 today for a free estimate. Click here to read our excellent customer reviews or click here to learn more about us.
For some reason, there’s no home improvement project that has more mythology surrounding it than house painting. Knowing fact from fiction is essential if you’re planning to do it yourself. If you expected the job to be easy-peasy, reading the following may prompt you to call a professional. Should you still decide to go it alone (or with family and friends), at least you’ll have a better idea of what you’re getting into.
- You don’t need a primer – Some people believe it’s important to use a primer, while others think it’s a waste of time, money and energy. The fact of the matter is that if you want to make your walls look smooth, perfect, and professional, you should always apply primer. Moreover, one of the main reasons why using a primer is necessary is because it helps the paint bind well to the wall.
- You don’t need to clean or sand the walls if you use a primer – No matter how high-quality the primer, it won’t adhere well to a greasy or uneven surface. You should pay special attention to high-traffic, high-touch areas, as well as kitchens, baths and baseboards.
- You always need to apply two coats for a perfect finish – This may have been true in the past, but the quality of paint has improved over the years. If you apply primer, a single coat should be sufficient. However, if you don’t use primer or are applying a lighter shade over a dark color, two coats may be necessary.
- Painting the ceiling makes the room look smaller – If interior décor experts are right in declaring that accent walls are no longer trendy, the accent ceiling is on the rise, so to speak. In fact, light walls with a dark ceiling can create the illusion of a taller space.
- Don’t use dark colors, as it will make a small room appear smaller – Not true at all. A room will look big or small depending on the way you style it, and not on the color you use on the walls and ceilings. The way you light the room, the kind of floor you opt for and the type of furniture you use will determine whether your space looks larger or small. In fact, dark walls can make your room appear larger if you do it the right way. If you have lots of windows, light-colored floors and furniture, a bold color can add to more flavor to your room than lighter shades.
- You don’t need to paint your house if you are planning to sell it – If you’re not selling your home as a “fixer-upper,” most buyers are looking for a move-in ready house. Painting your interior walls neutral colors throughout will create a fresh, clean look that will appeal to the majority of homebuyers. Also keep in mind that dingy walls painted in outdated colors may raise a red flag to potential buyers that your home may not have been carefully maintained, and serious problems could be lurking.
- You don’t need to hire a professional painting company – This depends. Most homeowners lack the experience, expertise and equipment to achieve professional-quality results – not to mention time. Those who are inspired by the numerous home renovation shows on cable TV may think they can tackle the job, but reality could be quite different. If, however, you have a good deal of practical experience on a rehab project or two (and the right equipment), going the DIY route might be successful.
For top rated Rochester MI House Painters, call Wize Painting at (248) 417-0733 today for a free quote!
Rochester Hills House Painters – Wize Painting (248) 417-0733
If you are in need of top rated Rochester Hills House Painters, please contact Wize Painting at (248) 417-0733 for a free estimate. Click here to learn more about us or read our excellent reviews on HomeAdvisor!
Keeping an eye on your walls may sound boring but maintaining your paint not only guarantees your home looks good but keeps your walls and ceilings in good condition. If you’re wondering if it’s time for a repaint read below as we discuss the warning signs to look out for.
Fading & Dated Colors
If your home happens to be situated in the heat and the sun, then it’s likely your exterior paint job is fading. Over time, UV rays can break down the chemical bonds found in paint, resulting in the pigment to fade. If you compare the unexposed places in your home to those affected by the sun and they are significantly darker, it’s probably time for a repaint. Darker shades of paint also tend to be faster fading.
Additionally, even if your original paint job appears to be in good condition, trends and colors can have an expiration date. Older or unattractive paint colors can be remedied through repainting and increase the value and overall aesthetics of your home.
Peeling & Cracking
Impossible to ignore, peeling or cracking paint means it’s time for a paint job. The problem generally occurs when water vapor gathers in between the structure and the paint; separating the coating from the surface until it peels away. Peeling paint can usually indicate a leak or poor ventilation in the home, so be mindful of this issue while fixing the peeling paint. If you see spidery cracks in your exterior paint, you have a similar problem. Cracking can result in paint chipping and flaking off from the walls and ceilings, leaving flakes of old paint the floors.
Unfortunately, peeled or cracked paint won’t get better over time. The only option is to redo the paint job. We suggest not hesitating when it comes to either of these issues, as water damage will continue to affect the underneath surface.
Caulking is a waterproof filler designed to expand over time. Continuous exposure to extreme weather can damage caulking, hardening it. If you find it feels rigid to touch, it might be time to call in an expert. Additionally, depending on the date of your last repaint, it may be a good idea to schedule another soon.
Outdoor Paint Chalking
Chalking is commonly found in exterior paints, as age and exposure to sunshine weakens and deteriorates the binder holding the paint together. The result is a chalk-like powder covering the outermost surface of the wall. Over time all exterior paint is weaken meaning that a new coat is inevitable. We suggest maintaining your exterior every 3 to 7 years as the longer you wait, the bigger the job becomes.
Mildew & Mold
Mold and mildew affect areas where it’s damp or poorly ventilated, simply painting over these spots will result in the mold continuing to grow under the fresh coat.
Mold is found on the wooden sidings of doors and windows. It can also be spotted by gutters, in poorly ventilated rooms or near any leaks. While special pesticides can act as a temporary solution, removing the mold and repainting the area is the best solution.
Though regularly repainting your home may seem like quite the task, it makes a significant difference when it comes to the quality of living and old paint doesn’t go unnoticed. Everyone who enters your home, from guests to potential buyers or renter will leave with a poor first impression, so understanding when it’s time to open up a paint can is a valuable lesson for any homeowner.
Whether you’re tackling your painting project DIY or seeking expert help keep an eye out for these tell-tale signs and read up on common painting problems and their solutions.
For experienced and trusted Rochester Hills House Painters, call Wize Painting at (248) 417-0733 for a free quote!
Shelby Township House Painters – Wize Painting (248) 417-0733
If you are in need of top rated Shelby Township House Painters, please contact Wize Painting at (248) 417-0733 for a FREE estimate. Click here to learn more about us or read our excellent reviews on Angie’s List!
Painting your house is possible if you have the right tools and the right amount of time. However, painting the exterior of your home takes hours and hours. Depending on the weather, the size of your house, and the number of helpers, it could take you several weekends to get your entire house painted. If you can’t get your house painted and the paint dried before some kind of weather event, it could ruin all of your progress. Painting the exterior of a house is a huge hassle, and you should hire professionals to do it.
Why It Makes Sense to Hire a Professional Painter
1 – Work Hours
If you work during the day or on the weekend, you might not have any time to paint your own house. You need to paint it when it is daylight, and you need enough time to allow the paint to dry before it might rain. That means that you’ll be very limited in when you can paint. If you hire professionals, they’ll be able to do it at just about any time. That means you can go to work or do whatever you need to do while someone else paints your house.
2 – Quality
Professional painters are also a good choice because they will provide you with a better quality service than you would get if you just did it by yourself. They have the very best tools and the best techniques to make sure that it goes smoothly. The paint they use is often calibrated specifically for your area and for your home’s exterior.
3 – Speed
When you paint your own house, it will likely take you several hours, if not several days. When professionals do it, they can move much more quickly. Typically, they have larger crews that are able to do a lot of work all at once. Also, they have sprayers, long-handled rollers, and much more.
4 – Safety
If your house has more than one story, it can be incredibly difficult to paint your house. You’ll need a ladder or very long handles on your paint rollers. If you are using ladders, you have to get down and move the ladder every time you want to move sideways. It is very time-consuming and very dangerous. If you let professionals handle it, you’ll be in no danger.
5 – Insurance
If you hire professional painters, make sure they are ones that guarantee their work. Therefore, if it starts raining and the paint runs or something else occurs, they’ll come back out and fix the paint job. That’s one type of insurance. Another type, is the insurance to protect against damage to your home. No contractor wants to damage your home, but sometimes it happens. When it does, you’ll make a claim against their insurance to pay for the damages. Non-professionals are unlikely to have insurance in many cases.
For experienced and trusted Shelby Township House Painters, call Wize Painting at (248) 417-0733 for a FREE quote!
Painting Company Rochester Hills Michigan – Painting Company Auburn Hills Michigan.
After decades in business as a Painting Company Rochester Hills , Wize Painting of Auburn Hills and Rochester Hills knows what it takes to do a job right. Whether the interior of your home or business needs a face lift, or your exteriors have been weathered to where they could use a fresh coat of paint, Wize Painting has the experience and commitment to quality your project needs. Call us today and find out more about how we can help your project look as good as you have imagined it. Let our team of professional painters in Auburn Hills help you make the right decisions for your paint job.
Our Painting Services Include:
- Home Interiors
- Cabinet Painting
- Wallpaper Removal
- Basement Ceiling Spray Out
- Home Exteriors
- Decks & Fences
- Garage Doors
- Business Exteriors & Interiors
Wize Painting stands behind every job we take. If there is a problem, you can take comfort knowing that all our projects come with a four-year warranty. Count on our Rochester Hills painters to fix any issues that may arise with a job. It is our commitment to outstanding customer service that has helped us stay in business as long as we have. So go ahead—give us a call and schedule your estimate so you can get started on transforming your Auburn Hills home or business into the beautiful space you’ve always dreamed of. Our team is eager to help you create the look you want.
Wize Painting since 1995 – Providing Auburn Hills, Rochester, Rochester Hills, Shelby Twp, Macomb, Royal Oak, Bloomfield Hills and Surrounding Michigan Cities with Expert Painting Services Since 1995.
Call Today for a Free Estimate: (248) 417-0733