Rochester MI House Painters – Wize Painting (248) 417-0733
If you are in need of experienced and trusted Rochester MI House Painters, please contact Wize Painting at (248) 417-0733 today for a free estimate. Click here to read our excellent customer reviews or click here to learn more about us.
For some reason, there’s no home improvement project that has more mythology surrounding it than house painting. Knowing fact from fiction is essential if you’re planning to do it yourself. If you expected the job to be easy-peasy, reading the following may prompt you to call a professional. Should you still decide to go it alone (or with family and friends), at least you’ll have a better idea of what you’re getting into.
- You don’t need a primer – Some people believe it’s important to use a primer, while others think it’s a waste of time, money and energy. The fact of the matter is that if you want to make your walls look smooth, perfect, and professional, you should always apply primer. Moreover, one of the main reasons why using a primer is necessary is because it helps the paint bind well to the wall.
- You don’t need to clean or sand the walls if you use a primer – No matter how high-quality the primer, it won’t adhere well to a greasy or uneven surface. You should pay special attention to high-traffic, high-touch areas, as well as kitchens, baths and baseboards.
- You always need to apply two coats for a perfect finish – This may have been true in the past, but the quality of paint has improved over the years. If you apply primer, a single coat should be sufficient. However, if you don’t use primer or are applying a lighter shade over a dark color, two coats may be necessary.
- Painting the ceiling makes the room look smaller – If interior décor experts are right in declaring that accent walls are no longer trendy, the accent ceiling is on the rise, so to speak. In fact, light walls with a dark ceiling can create the illusion of a taller space.
- Don’t use dark colors, as it will make a small room appear smaller – Not true at all. A room will look big or small depending on the way you style it, and not on the color you use on the walls and ceilings. The way you light the room, the kind of floor you opt for and the type of furniture you use will determine whether your space looks larger or small. In fact, dark walls can make your room appear larger if you do it the right way. If you have lots of windows, light-colored floors and furniture, a bold color can add to more flavor to your room than lighter shades.
- You don’t need to paint your house if you are planning to sell it – If you’re not selling your home as a “fixer-upper,” most buyers are looking for a move-in ready house. Painting your interior walls neutral colors throughout will create a fresh, clean look that will appeal to the majority of homebuyers. Also keep in mind that dingy walls painted in outdated colors may raise a red flag to potential buyers that your home may not have been carefully maintained, and serious problems could be lurking.
- You don’t need to hire a professional painting company – This depends. Most homeowners lack the experience, expertise and equipment to achieve professional-quality results – not to mention time. Those who are inspired by the numerous home renovation shows on cable TV may think they can tackle the job, but reality could be quite different. If, however, you have a good deal of practical experience on a rehab project or two (and the right equipment), going the DIY route might be successful.
For top rated Rochester MI House Painters, call Wize Painting at (248) 417-0733 today for a free quote!